Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Vision---


I've been thinking in so many things during this time, things that i want to change in my life and that i know in my own strength it's just impossible. I've been going through so many changes lately that sometimes i just get tired of thinking and let myself be taken by the flow. It's hard not to loose my place, on the Rock, but i fight to understand that He is guiding me and leading me through life, and that life, that life is all about Him! About His Kingdom being established on this earth! In me.
How many times i've prayed that His Kingdom would come, but how many times i've thought just in a general way and not that His Kingdom would come in my life! That He would decide and lead and guide, that He would order my steps! Oh, how much i really desire to be that woman that would give everything for just seating at His feet and hearing his voice, but what i think much more incredible, to look at His face! What a privilege Miriam had to seat at the feet of our Savior and look at Him. His eyes full of fire, consuming fire that would wash the filthiness away, but at the same time eyes of compassion that would embrace me with a single gaze.
I've been meditating on that passage in Matthew 14: 14 where it says that when He came out , He saw a great multitude and had compassion or mercy on them and healed those that were sick. I thought about this verse, and thought about myself, how many times i've turn my back to people just seeking my own comfort. Instead of walking straight, maybe just take a little short cut so i won't bump into whoever i don't feel to talk to right now. How much i've been centered in my own life, and not ready to hear others, to help others...Oh Lord give me Your heart!
Jesus, He is my model, He is my Vision, and it's a Great Vision, a Great example!
I once heard a preacher that i admire very much for his boldness and passion, (Paul Washer) sharing this analogy from his own experience of what is to follow the Lord's steps. He said that when he was young, a child, his father would wake him up early in the morning to work in their farm, and he remembered that in the snow his father would left these huge footprints and that he wanted to fit with his feet in those footprints, of course they were way to big for him but he would try even if he fell, just to fit in them. He said that he probably looked very ridiculous but that everybody that would have looked at him would have known that that kid wanted to be like his father.
I thought this analogy was so beautiful! We have an aim, a goal that we want to reach, that Great Vision put before us. We will fall, but we'll do it on the way, we'll be losing the weight in our backs from this world, and approach the cross. And it's not easy or pleasant, but that's the only reason for which we are alive. That's my only hope, that He that started the work in me, will accomplish it. That even though i walk through the valley of shadow of death He will be with me. That even if i fall, His right hand will lift me up and his rod and staff will comfort me...Father make me more like You.

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, thy presence my light

Riches i need not nor man's empty praise
Thou mine inheritance now and always
Thou and Thou only FIRST in my heart
High King of heaven my treasure Thou art

High King of heaven my victory won
May i reach heaven's joys O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Words: John Fawcett

Natalia
http://tehilim23.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

hello~there said...

Yeah, Jesus is coming back! And yeah, life is not perfect. We are not perfect. Only God is perfect because this world is fallen. When we long for perfection, we get stuck in life. Be free of it. Give yourself grace.

Also the key to being free is to be free of fear. Especially fear of what others think about you. That will hold you back from many things in life. Just be yourself. If something swells inside you, do it. Who cares what others will say. It doesn't matter what they think.

love, your friend
Jose